April 5, 2009

Why am driving around?

For this!
Tuesday was the District Honor Band Concert. Last week I had to drive Syd and Truman 20 minutes each way to rehearsals. It was an extremely complicated week. Thursday was the worst day when I had to pick the kids up from school and drive fast to get them to their rehearsal and then took the other kids to a park to keep them occupied, all the elementary schools in that area are caged in and you can't play on their playgrounds. We finally found a park, played for half an hour, picked the kids up and drove to another park, where we had a picnic dinner. Then we drove Truman to his Metropolitan Youth Symphony rehearsal (Christian was in Disneyland) . Then we drove to Scottsdale to pick Kenneth up at work. Went home and put the kids to bed then drove back out to pick Truman up.
The moral of the story is that sitting in the auditorium, I thought to myself "this concert better be good".
It was!

Here is the band playing a piece called Gettysburg.



And here is part (my camera battery died) of a piece called African Marching Song.


2 comments:

Adam said...

That second piece African March is a really cool piece, I've never played it but I have sung it. It's called Siyhamba. It's way cool. Maybe I'll do an arrangement of it for my next band concert?

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

Cool music. I am impressed! How old is Truman? Wow.....they are pretty good.