December 2, 2012

Christmas Tree Quest

 Christian explains snow to Snug.
 Nate has a snowball too.
 And now Ladson joins in the snow ball fight.  (There wasn't really much snow, so it wasn't a fight as much as  carrying the snowballs around!)
 I think that the snow was a bigger draw than the tree hunt.


 Here is Christian by the tree.
 Everyone had a turn cutting the tree down.
 Nate and Hazel.
 Syd.
 Ladson.
 Abby.
 Truman. ( I think Christian was taking the pictures)

 There was not only snow, but also ice on a big puddle.  
After the tree was cut, the kids spent the time playing with the ice in the puddle.  Simple pleasures for the desert rat children.

1 comment:

Claire said...

A little jealous. I can't really put up a tree because of what might occur to it while I am gone, but hunting for one looked fun. Besides, I am not going to be here on Christmas...it seems to be pointless to go through the work of decor when you don't really get to enjoy it for the whole season.