May 13, 2009

End of the School Year Cultural Enrichment

Sydney and Truman had their spring concert last Thursday and Christian's was last night. I have to say that it is really wonderful to see me kids perform well, to be a contributing member of a group, and to make something beautiful.

Sydney and Truman earned a few awards at their concert and it was interesting to reflect on past years when their were a couple of kids who seemed to get all the awards. (Christian was even recognized because he helped with the elementary school drum line) I remember thinking that somehow those parents did something to make their kids get all those awards. Our kids were those kids this year and perspective is an interesting thing. I realized that it is about the kids and I could not care less about the awards. I am really proud of the passion, focus and determination my kids have shown for music. They worked incredibly hard and it showed. (It is still a little embarrassing to have them announce Welling over and over and realize that a lot of those parents are thinking I had something to do with it)

No comments: