June 13, 2010

Does this shirt make me look like one of the X-men?

The vote is unanimous, Yes! We all think that the shirt does make Kenneth look like one of the X-Men.




After 15 years, Kenneth still surprises me. In March, we went to the Ostrich festival. It was Nate's Birthday and so I splurged and bought enough tickets for our family to ride the ferris wheel. We had to ride in 2 baskets, I was in a basket with the boys and Kenneth went in a basket with the girls. Well, the wheel stopped and Kenneth's basket was at the top. I look over at him and he is standing up. I shout to him to sit down. "What? I can't stand up on a ferris wheel?" "UMMM, NO!" "I didn't know... I have never been on a ferris wheel before!"

When we first got married I was first shocked (the most shocked ever) to discover that he really didn't like camping. So I have been coaxing him along hoping that he would "catch the vision". Four years ago, after I took Hazel down to Havasupai, I began telling him that we were going to take all the kids as soon as Hazel was big enough to hike it on her own. I was surprised again when we were getting ready to go and he was excited, almost giddy!

He was so funny while we were there. He isn't a big risk taker, (ie jumping off big cliffs) but he is macho enough to try to impress me by jumping off pretty big cliffs. How do I know that he was only doing this to impress me? Our friend, Lennard, (who came with us) reported that just before a riskier waterfall jump Kenneth looked around and said "Darn it, she can't even see me!"

I am so glad that after all this time he is still willing to throw himself off a cliff for the love of a silly girl!

P.S. He was also a really awesome hiker, and was the most patient with the kids that I have ever seen. (except for the part where he konked Nate on the head with a book)

P.P.S I really do think he could be one of the X-Men, I am sure that his super power has to do with math. Is it possible to die of math? I wonder...

1 comment:

Ann said...

I love that he is still trying to impress you. So adorable. :)