February 23, 2011

President's Day Project

Truman and I have been talking for a long time about laying a brick path in front of the house.  We had a nice steady rain all weekend.  Monday dawned bright an clear.  Christian took up the cause, He and Truman went out to excavate right after breakfast.  I went to Home Depot to buy brick.  It took most of the day to level the path and lay the brick.  Around dinner time, the boy's enthusiasm started to fizzle out.  So we left it.  Tuesday morning I worked on it.  I think I can finish it tomorrow.  I am surprised at how quickly it went, and I wonder what took us so long to get around to it.






1 comment:

Kelly said...

We have many projects around the house like that. In fact, our Christmas tree is still sitting in the front yard waiting to be chopped up as firewood. How sad is that!?