May 6, 2011

Off to the Races

Last weekend was the Pinewood Derby.  Nate's car is the red and silver one in the photo below.  He worked really hard on it and enjoyed every minute of it.  He didn't win but he felt happy about the experience. 
Truman's is the blue car with the orange wheels.  Why did Truman get to race? Well he was the builder of the "cub car".  His goal was to build a hot looking car that looses.  That way one of the actual contestants get to win at least one race.  Truman was a little disappointed that he won one race (the boy's car didn't even make it down the track.  I guess he painted his car with the wheels on, and they didn't spin.)



This awesome purple car is mine.  There was some open track time when the boys could race their cars against their leaders.  I worked moderately hard on the car.  But My kids had to race it for me because the open track time was the filler event for the person making awards, which was me this time...

No comments: