December 5, 2011

Is anybody listening?

Whenever we leave the house we send someone around to make sure all the lights are off.  My kids tease me because I am a "compulsive light turner off-er".  I dream about putting a motion sensing light fixture in the girl's closet.  I personally think I am a bit of a nag about light turning-off.

This morning at breakfast, there was some conversation between the kids about leaving the lights on all the time.  I think it had to do with the Christmas lights.  I said something about being being more worried about the inside lights being left on all the time.  The kids went silent and looked at me in amazement.  Truman said "Is a big deal?  Would you like us to turn off our bedroom light when we leave?"  I wasn't sure if he was teasing, but everyone was waiting for my answer.  I said it would be great.  They all nodded sincerely, and agreed "Sure, we can do that."

When they left for school all the lights were off.

Maybe I haven't been speaking english for the last 16 years.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In case you wanted to know. They only turned off the lights that one day!