April 6, 2012

Good Friday was Great!

What a great day we had.  The kids and I went roller skating this morning, we had so much fun.  I am so flattered that my big boys are 1. not too cool to go skating with us and 2. not too cool so skate with their mother.  As I skated with each of my kids, I remembered all the times my own parents skated with me.  I had so much fun reliving those simple days.

When the nostalgia was finished, I came home and had a meeting to continue planning for church girl's camp.  My "assistant" and made some more great plans and laughed about how decorating is not our strongest point.  Luckily, there are girls to delegate that task to, who really enjoy that!  We are feeling a little concerned that we aren't more stressed out.  I hope it is because we are so organized, not a sign of poor planning!

Kenneth, Christian and Truman left for a campout, with out incident. The other kids had a great time in the hose in the yard (and some water balloons).  

We had left over hamburgers for dinner and then walked to Walgreens to get some lavender bath salts.

At 7pm we went to a glow-in-the-dark easter egg hunt.  The kids had a great time.

I read two chapters of a Little House book to Nate and the girls set up a foot spa in the living room.  I was treated to a lovely 4 station foot treatment (which luckily did not involve painting my toenails nasty colors).

The girls went to bed in lovely moods and thanked me for letting them pamper me.

I only have a little sewing left to do and then I will climb into bed with a good book and my soft, scented feet.  

What a day!

No comments: