June 11, 2012

Sew What?


The 3 oldest kids went on a pioneer trek last week.  They needed two changes of period clothes.  We had been given A LOT of calico (I mean many bolts of fabric).  I told the kids and their friends that anyone who wanted to make clothes was welcome to come over and I would even provide the fabric and patterns.

These beautiful young ladies are wearing the dresses they made at our house.  I am so proud of the good job they did.  They came home filthy, but happy!


Truman made his own shirts and a really awesome officer jacket with tails.  He also wore this bonnet on the trek instead of his hat, because he said the hat was itchy.  The bonnet was made by Abby and is marvel super hero print, very macho.

Christian was less ambitious and contributed to his clothing by sewing the buttons on his clothes.  He said he lost about 5 in the 4 days!

(Thanks again, Jana for the pictures!)

2 comments:

Ann said...

Their dresses look amazing! Great job, girls!

Laurel!!! said...

I love this post. Your kids are great.

I love Syd's bonnet that Truman stole.