November 13, 2012

I Own a Dog

Tonight we welcomed home our "retired" guide dog, Snug!


I put a pink collar on her and claimed her as my pet! Then I bought a couple of frisbees and taught her to play fetch with tennis balls.  Hurray for Dogs!

The story
I got a phone call on Thursday letting me know that Snug had been retired, and asking me if I would like to adopt her.  (Of Course I said YES!)  I guess her blind partner, that she has been working with since January, returned her to Guide Dogs for the Blind and said it wasn't working out.  So they retired Snug and put her on a plane to Phoenix Tuesday.  Kenneth picked her up on his way home from work.  You should have seen the kids, even the imperturbable Christian was visibly excited. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Snug is so cute! Sometimes she comes to me, and lick me or comes to play.