June 1, 2008

Summer Road Trip Part A


Thursday was the last day of school in Mesa.
Friday morning at 5am we pulled out with a full van.
Saturday, We attended the Fawson Family Reunion on Antelope Island on the Great Salt Lake. I thought the best part was a group of us cousins-in-law trying to figure out what unusual things might be in the cake. (it turned out that it was just baked potatoes, "to make the cake moist")
Sunday, we visited with my Norman realtives and my Passey relations. It was especially fun to see some of my cousins again.
Monday we drove out west on I-80. I slept for a long time in the van and when I woke somewhere in Nevada I commented that the landscape was bland. Kenneth said "well you slept clear through the Salt Flats. That was bland." We drove all the way to the Golden Gate Bridge. BTW We learned that the official name for the color of (higly visible in the fog) paint that is used on the bridge is "International Orange".