July 20, 2008

Gardening

Last week, I bought myself a rototiller. I found a mantis tiller for sale on Craig's list and Kenneth went with me to look at it. It is well used but came with a lot of attachments to do cool things like aerate your lawn and cut a nice edge along the border. It was hard to start. The guy selling it had advertised that it was hard to start but that with a little tuning up it would be great. I got it home and tried to start it but all I got was a little chug and a nice blood blister. So I ordered a tune up kit from the Mantis web site. The tune up kit came on Thursday so that night, Kenneth worked on bikes while I worked on the tiller. I was really pleased when it started up strong, then it was time for bed. Friday I got up and tilled the garden and got ready to plant. I really love fresh tilled soil and all the potential it holds! I am sure that it will be a great garden because the dirt is great this year and Nate often fasts on fast Sundays for things growing in my yard.

No comments: