July 29, 2008

Measuring from the bottom to the top

It all started with the babyseat that I got for Mother's day for my bike. This is the first time that our whole family could ride bikes together.

Nate is going to start all-day Kindergarten in 2 weeks. Hazel and I will be alone all day. I realized that all those fun programs for people with one child suddenly apply to me again. Kenneth hopes I don't enroll in them all and spend all the money.

I am one of the old-timers in our ward, not one of the "cute young couples". I have gray hairs and very shortly will have a teenager.

Christian is not a boy anymore. He is a young man. This week he is officially taller than his mother. And he has started wearing contacts instead of glasses.

All of my kids have goals and aspirations and I am so proud of them. I find each of them to be very enjoyable and I use that as a measure for how good I am doing as a parent. I hope that our good fortune holds.

No comments: