October 7, 2009

Say No to CUTCO!

I think that CUTCO knives are cool. They are really expensive. I always think to myself (about knife buying) "maybe someday I will be able to afford nice knives, maybe even CUTCO knives". The dream has ended...
Yesterday I got a call that one of my friends had given her my name, that I might be interested. Can she please come over on Wednesday and do the demonstration? She gets "credit" just for coming over and showing me the knives. I have sat through many presentations of this sort. She came over this afternoon and was really nice at the beginning. At the end when she wanted to look throught the catalog with me I told her that her presentation was interesting but I am not able to afford her knives, not even making payments. She was still nice. Then she asked me for a list of my friends that she could call. I told her I didn't have any friends to refer her to. ( I don't actually know many people who have that much money) She got frustrated and said "What do you only know people who have been laid off?". So I fessed up, and told her that I am uncomfortable giving out my friends names for marketing. That made her angry and she said "WELL, I guess I didn't know you WEREN'T interested!", and huffed off.

So, the moral of the story is that I am going to drool over some other expensive knife and I knew better than to say yes.

3 comments:

Ian said...

I got Kami a couple of Henkel knives for christmas. They are still pretty expensive but you don't have to buy a lot at once or anything. I just bought 3. Now I can buy more for other gifts. We like them a lot. They are really nice knives. Plus you can get them at regular stores.

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

Pampered chef sells nice knives. You can buy them one at a time, or just stop at one. You can look for host specials and have a party. Most people like going to those. If they don't they don't come. I love my one "good" knive.

Dan and Melissa said...

I actually sold Cutco knives for a while back in my younger years. So, I have all the starter ones that come in the kit. They are expensive, but are amazing knives! We just sent some in to be sharpened for the first time in 12+ years.