April 30, 2010

Three kid conversations worth recording

Conversation 1
Rebekah: Mom I have been thinking about something in the books I have been reading.
Me:What have you been thinking?
R: Some of them, well most of them.  I think all of them,
M: Yes?
R: Well whenever the kids come home from school, they always have cookies and milk.
M: Always?
R: Umm yeah.  and the cookies are warm.  Don't you think that cookies are better warm?
M: Are you thinking that I should make cookies everyday?
R:  Well, since all the kids will be in school all day next year, you will have time.
M: I can just spend everyday baking?
R: And sewing!

Conversation 2
phone rings...
M: Hello
Christian: Hi Mom.
This is significant because hearing Christian on the phone I realized that he has a man voice.  How did I become a mom to a boy who sounds like a man?

Conversation 3
Hazel came with me to the Apple store to see about fixing my sick ipod.  We are walking out of the store...
Hazel: Mom does this mall have a gumdrop machine?
Me: Do you mean gumball?
H: Yep, do they have a gumball machine?
M: They do, somewhere.  I don't know where.
H: Do you have any money?
M: I don't know where the gumball machines are.
H: I can walk really far!

(Hazel had cotton candy flavor gumball and I had a cherry one.  It was the total opposite end of the mall! And we only stepped on the white squares.)

3 comments:

Kami said...

Priceless! All three conversations. Hazel sounds a lot like Andy. He has an argument for every reason I give him for not giving him what he wants.

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

To have the cookies warm when the kids come home, you could always heat them up in the microwave.

Pam said...

What a great mom you are. Don't you wish your mom would have had warm cookies for you?