May 23, 2010

Marimba Making

We have decided to build a marimba. Kenneth has been doing oodles of research, measuring, reading, and spread sheet making. I was in charge of buying the wood. I think I did ok, it was my first time buying wood by myself. That was back in February. Kenneth and I are really different in our approach to projects. I tend to start cutting right away and then figure out how to make the project work. Kenneth thinks and makes spread sheets. He usually starts cutting well past the time that I have decided that it will never happen. Both approaches usually take the same amount of time, but mine is more labor intensive and costs more because I need more supplies.
One of the spread sheets

Un-tuned Marimba bars
Making a straight edge



1 comment:

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

You guys are so amazing. What a team you make.