November 22, 2011

"Can you help me make the marimba seem natural in my living room?"

I had a very nice friend come over to help me figure out what to do with my living room.  I had two BIG problems: 1. too many books  2. the marimba.

My friend was really helpful and I think that the results are favorable.  There is still a bit of work to do, like make different curtains, recover the wingback chair, and hang the artwork back up.

I refinished the entertainment center.  Kenneth built me some new bookcases.  I painted the walls a color called "Shagreen".  I really like the darker wood with the green walls.  Rebekah tells me that it is very "soothing".  I also got rid of a couple pieces of superfluous furniture.

Before
 After




Before
 After




Before
After


1 comment:

Dan and Melissa said...

Looks really nice! Good work!