March 7, 2009

This is a test. I repeat this is only a test.

3:40AM Our smoke alarms went off. (all 7 of them) Kenneth tried to turn off the alarm clock. We pulled ourselves out of bed. Coming down the stairs I see all 7 kids in a line crawling toward the front door and headed out the front door. I was so impressed that they were all so calm, they even got Hazel out of bed. They all stood in their line on the sidewalk and waited for us to give them the all clear.

(Sometimes when we try to teach our kids, I think they aren't listening or that they think I'm a dork. It is nice to know that they really are paying attention!)

6 comments:

Julie said...

That is awesome!! Don't you love it when they actually listen.

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

your kids are amazing!

Ian said...

That is totally nuts. Do you know what caused the alarm?

Unknown said...

It was a low battery that set them off!

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

Our smoke alarm went off one night too. I tried to turn off the alarm clock as well......

Claire said...

I really wish that they would have stopped, dropped, and then rolled out the front door.