May 31, 2009

Any Dream Will Do

May 19th Truman, Sydney, Abby, Rebekah, and Nate were in the talent show. The girls first idea was to do "So long, farewell" from the Sound of Music. Some good old Von Trapp family style singing. Truman was a little hesitant, his response was "I will if Christian has to". Well Christian's response was (a very relieved) "ohhh sorry. I have finals, I can't." So back to the drawing board. Nate's comment as always was I really want to be Joseph (as in the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat). Truman piped up that he has already learned the accompaniment. The girls were excited to sing backup and dance. Sydney took over the choreography. Nate turned to me and said "well mom I guess you can make me a coat now.

We practiced and practiced. Every night Nate and I sang it a couple times at bed time, and it was pretty good. Then we practiced with the other kids, and he had a hard time remembering the order of the song. Truman learned a lot about accompanying a singer. The girls learned the art of singing and dancing without breathing too hard.

The audition went well. The practices at home went well. The dress rehersal was absolutely terrible. Nate was distracted by the microphone, he lost his place, forgot to come in... Then the other kids got scared and chewed him out. Next day, the two performances during the day for their classmates went well enough. The night of the performance for the parents. The pressure was on and the mic was not.

Enjoy!



(I do appoligize for the bad filming)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness that was fantastic! Way to go Nate and we loved the back up singers. And Truman did a fabulous job accompaning. Thanks for sharing!!

E. Welling said...

You are all off to the good start for broadway! You were awesome.
I love you all.
Grandma Welling