November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day





Today was a busy day. Christian and Truman and I went out at dawn to put out flags (our boy scout fundraiser, for $35 a year the scouts in our ward will post a flag in your yard on all major holidays). The van started steaming profusely (unfortunately not the first time this week), I opened the hood and finally caught a glimpse of the offending hose. I dropped the boys off at home and drove over to Auto Zone and opened the hood. I showed the girl the hose spraying coolant all over and told her I would like a new one. We looked for a long time for the right part and finally discovered that I just needed a 6 inch piece of 3/4 inch hose. They didn't even charge me for it! I came home and spent 2 hours replacing the hose. Our neighbor came by and helped me tighten the last clamp and put the air filter back on. I washed up and the kids and I went up to watch the Veteran's Day Parade. Christian and the Marching band were in the parade. It is always fun to see my kids perform. We came home and had lunch. Then we headed to the pool for an hour. THen everyone got to work practicing and cleaning (my in-laws are coming tomorrow.)

1 comment:

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

We need you to come over and fix our car. We are leaking fluid all over the place. It hasn't overheated yet, probably because we don't live in a desert.