September 10, 2010

Christian's Birthday

When my kids were little and we let them pick their birthday dinner, they would pick things like Mac and Cheese or pizza. As they have gotten older the requests have gotten more complicated, when Truman turned 8 he requested grilled salmon with couscous and asparagus. So when I asked Christian what he wanted he looked a bit sheepish. "I'm pretty sure this is a no.... Can I have mutton and ale?" What kind of cake? I already knew the answer because he has asked for the same thing 3 years in a row and I have denied him twice. I gave in because I am acutely aware of the fact that he will only be at home for 2 more birthdays.
So here are some great pictures from Christian's 15th birthday dinner at which we ate mutton, brie, "hunks" of fresh bread, green salad and we drank ale (the ginger kind). Dinner was followed by cookie dough in the form of a cake, with chocolate ice cream.







No comments: