September 5, 2010

First day of the rest of my life...











11 years ago, I took Christian to his first day of Kindergarten. Hazel went to Kindergarten today. Years ago a friend of mine told me that the first day that all of her kids went to school, she sat and ate bonbons. I decided that it might be worth a try. I went to the mall, all by myself, intending to go to See's Candy. Since no one I was with was tired, or whiney, or needed a bathroom, I walked past See's and discovered Godiva Chocolatier. I took my time while all around me no children touched the glass or begged. I picked out 8 truffles and paid! I went home and used my ironing board. (to hold the truffles) The candy was good, it took me all day to eat half of each one. Kenneth was more than happy to clean the rest up when he got home from work. (It was a nice first day of school. I wonder what I will do tomorrow!


2 comments:

Dan and Melissa said...

Wow, all your kids in school! Olivia starts preschool this coming week. That's great you had some fun while they were gone, you totally deserve it! Enjoy the days ahead!

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

Godiva chocolates are so much better than Sees. Good choice. I am excited to hear about all of your kidless adventures.