January 8, 2012

Maybe we aren't getting enough.... Calcium

Last week I tried to write this but I was a little overwhelmed.  I promised myself that I would write it this week.  Luckily, I am feeling surreal instead of overwhelmed.
Here is the timeline:
New years eve 2011
Fridge not cold
Kenneth puts all food in coolers & totally disassembles fridge
Megan starts load of laundry #1 and takes Christian to the mall to pick up shoes
Kenneth gets part for fridge
Megan tries to put wash into dryer only to find that the washer is still full of water and has error code F-28 (communication error)
Kenneth starts putting fridge back together
Nate is bored so he washes all the light switches in the house
Christian is making chex mix
Truman makes berry pie
Nate goes out to "swing for 10 minutes"
Megan begins emptying water from washer to clean out trap
Abby makes fudge
Kenneth puts fridge back in place and is mopping up
Megan can't get the trap closed due to an otter pop wrapper and a ziplock baggie and water begins flodding the laundry room
Kenneth comes to help and gets the trap closed
Nate flies out of the swing, bloodies his face, has his wind knocked out, and can't move his arms
Megan picks the grass out of his teeth and helps him to bed to rest for a minute.
Nate sleeps for 2 hours
Megan mops up the water in the laundry room
Kenneth mops up the rest of the water that seeped into the garage
Megan puts the washer back together and mops the laundry room again
Nate wakes up and Megan takes him to urgent care.
Nate gets x rays and a splint
Hazel makes mac and cheese with hot dogs
We have a potluck dinner, play games and light the fireworks we bought for the 4th of July
Bed at last!

Fast forward to Friday night
Megan leaves Kenneth and the kids playing "Tickle Monster"
Megan pulls into the Target parking lot 2.2 miles away
Kenneth ends game and asks Rebekah to practice her french horn
Rebekah says she doesn't want to
Kenneth "swipes" Rebekah's feet, she looses her balance and falls down
Megan receives phone call "I'm not kidding.  I think I just broke Rebekah's arm"
Kenneth takes Rebekah to urgent care where he doesn't admit to knowing Nate or I
Megan shops for the shower gift at target
Rebekah gets Xrays and a splint
Megan arrives home to all the other kids faces pressed to the living room window
The neighborhood surely hears the chorus of "Dad broke Rebekah's arm"
Kenneth and Rebekah arrive home and everyone is sent to bed

Saturday Morning
Am official moratorium is in effect on running, jumping, playing, swinging, falling, tickling, and moving

Tomorrow, I am going to buy calcium supplements and straight jackets!











3 comments:

Kelly said...

Awwwwww....Adam and I just read your blog. We're sorry to hear about the broken items in the house (children included). Are the kids still under warranty? Maybe you can get a refund or replacement parts from the manufacturer. The Christmas pjs look fabulous! Here's hoping nothing else exciting happens for a few days, at least. : )

Jay and Kay said...

wow! that's a cray weekend! I hope they recover quickly!

Kami said...

Well I feel better about my Monday now. I actually made a list of "bad things that happened to me today" because it was so crazy. I did NOT, however, deal with any child's broken limbs. Hope they get better!