February 7, 2012

A Funny Thing Happened in Math Class Today...

I was working with a small group of 3rd graders today, practicing our estimation skills.  We were trying to decide how many packages of things we would need to supply a party of 14.

Out of the blue Little Girl turns to me and tells me that her dad works for Direct TV.  She writes it on her whiteboard for emphasis.  She asks if we have Direct TV.  No?  You must have Satellite.  No?  Oh... Cox?  They aren't good. No?  I guess you have to get the cheap canadian cable thing.

No, we don't watch much tv at our house.

I am sooo glad I don't live with you, what do you do then?

Little Boy #1 comes to my defense.  There are other things to do in the world.

Little Girl: Like what.  They all look at me.

Little Boy #2 says: Yea, like what.

Little Boy #1: Super fun stuff, right?

Right I tell him.

Little Girl can't get over it and tells me her custody arrangements and how she is glad her dad works for Direct TV because they are the best and she gets to watch it lots at his house!

I guess if I need to subscribe to a tv service I will look into Direct TV.

No comments: