February 3, 2012

On a Personal Note

I am so in awe of my own children.   They are so smart (they think I am smarter than them, but I have to study up while they are at school to keep the appearance) and they get better grades than I ever did.  They are talented, they play sports and practice their musical instruments.  They are much more confident than I was in high school.

I was sitting in a fabulous concert last night watching Sydney play her amazing jazz solos, and Christian play the piano part for Danzon, and hearing Bessie (Truman's tuba) ring out loud and clear.  I was suddenly overwhelmed with the magnitude of life.  I hope I am paying enough attention to the things that are of the greatest importance.  I don't feel qualified to "bring up" children who are that amazing.

My own parents are such great examples to me.  They love and enjoy us at every phase of life.  I have much hope in the idea that if I try my hardest and love and enjoy them it will be enough.  In the mean time, I think I will cross my fingers and knock on wood.  (and hurry to get the dishes done before they get home from school.)

No comments: