May 9, 2012

Major Life Decisions

Abby and I have been talking much about whether she wants to keep playing the flute or change to oboe.  She is finding that switching instruments is more work than she thought it would be.  So after many family discussions (and asking the high school band directors for their opinion), she has decided to give the oboe a full year of work.

Along the way, we talked about taking lessons from someone better than me.  She's not interested enough for me to put money on the decision.  I was pretty excited for her to take lessons.  I wish I would have practiced better and learned more when I had the chance.  I was a little jealous.  Maybe, I should take lessons.  Hmm.

Long story, short.  I have a lesson today at 11AM.  I am so excited and nervous.  It has been nearly 20 years since I had a lesson.

The only music I have worked on lately is the Muppet Show theme and the Baby Elephant walk.

Wish me luck, maybe I will be an oboe player when I grow up.

4 comments:

Ian said...

That is super exciting. You're going to do awesome.

Jacob said...

I hope it goes well. That sounds exciting

Unknown said...

It went well. I wasn't too bad. She had good advice about the reeds I made. I have another lesson next week!!

Laurel!!! said...

I must say that I LOVE this post.