May 4, 2012

Reclaiming Nate's Bedroom

3 days, 2 bags of trash, 1 basket for the Goodwill, several pairs of scissors that belong to his teacher, 3 stacks of books, and 4 reconstructed dresser drawers later; Nate's room is clean.

I have developed an even deeper gratitude for my own mother who did not throw away everything I owned and make me live in a cardboard box in the back yard, or even scream at me. (Thanks Mom!)

I have hope for Nate because I was that big of a slob as a kid.

I do hope he has a kid just like himself, because he is a very interesting and engaging personality.  I just hope he remembers to be calm when it comes time to clean his room.

P.S. Kenneth, I found your hammer...

1 comment:

Pam said...

I love you Megan and yes I did hope you would get a child like yourself. You were fun and creative and at times I wondered if I could clean your room one more time. It was worth the ride.