August 14, 2012

I always wanted an even number!

When we first got married we had many a debate ove how many kids to have in our family.  I argued even and Kenneth argued for odd.  Who wants odd kids anyway.

Well, we are so excited because we are getting another boy.  This will make us at an even 8 and will tie the girls and boys.  His name is Ladson.  He is an exchange student from Brazil.

When I was first asked if we would be interested I was a little nervous.  What if the student is not a good match for our family.  What if he is a trouble maker.  What if he doesn't want to like with such a noisy family, or doesn't want to live with so many kids.

When I got the file with all the information about him, I was not nervous anymore.  He is going to be so much fun.  He likes to read and has read many of the same books as us.  He wrote a very sincere letter and I was so touched.

The kids have been sending him emails and he is excited to do things with them and to be their friend.  Hazel is especially excited because they are both the youngest in their families.  Nate and I read together at night and we are almost finished with the Little House on the Prairie series, so we have been talking about what to read next.  Nate has decided to wait to decide until Ladson gets here so he can invite him to listen to the story at bedtime.

Rebekah made a cute poster for when we go to the airport to pick him up.  Every one is so excited that they check my email all the time incase there is an email from him or the email with his flight information!

The only sad part is that he will only stay one semester.

No comments: