August 30, 2012

Megan turns 38!

It's my birthday!  I got up in the morning to find that my kids had made me cinnamon rolls and that they were up at 5:30AM baking them for me.  I am difficult to surprise.  I was more than surprised, I was shocked.   And majorly impressed.  The cinnamon rolls were delicious.   

I did have to apologize to Kenneth.  On Monday night as soon as family night was over, he was all intense about how I needed to go shopping with him for soccer equipment.  He was looking for clearance cleats for kids who weren't with us.  He wandered around muttering that he was looking for something...  At first I was feeling really sorry for him that he must be feeling very neglected, to need me to come the the store at night with him.  I was trying to be patient, but he was being so trying.  Finally after an hour of wasted time, I gave him a lecture about how Nate's homework wasn't finished and Hazel needed to be put to bed.  He finally finished his shopping and we came home.  He had been stalling to give the kids time to roll up the dough and put it in the fridge.  

I never saw any flour, or dirty mixing bowls.  No one even hinted.  I was so amazed!  It must be true Love.  (On a side note, I did find Truman asleep in the middle of the living room floor this afternoon.)



I don't usually get in many pictures and many of the pictures I am in are not what I think I look like.  Birthday candle light is always flattering!

 It is bad enough that I had pigtails, why did no one tell me that they were crooked?




No comments: