October 31, 2012

Tender Mercies

Life at our house has been a bit busier than usual, and a little more emotionally taxing.
I am so thankful that God does not ask of us, more than we can do.  I have been so blessed in a thousand tiny ways lately.  Elder Bednar gave a talk a few years ago about Tender Mercies (you can read it here, if you are interested).  I have been making a mental list lately, and since this blog is my pseudo-journal, here is my short list (in reverse chronological order):
The Halloween costumes were easy, and the sewing I needed to do on them was easy.
I went to Target, and chatted with a friend, who said all the right things.
I needed an oficial copy of my birth certificate and the organization kept it for now, and then I realised I needed it for something else and I found another one in my files!
Kenneth and I went to play tennis on the newly refinished courts and I was not too bad.
My Oboe practicing is improving faster than it should for the amount of time I can find to practice in.
When someone in the ward has a crisis, it is on a day I started dinner early.
My bike doesn't have a flat tire.
The welding teacher is willing to weld Christian's bike frame back together.


The list may seem insignificant, but I can tell you  at the moment each happened, I knew that God was watching over me and he knew I was doing the best I could.


No comments: