August 30, 2008

It's my Birthday!

Thursday was my birthday. We had cake and present opening on Wednesday night because Thursdays are our busiest days this fall. I was impressed with the kids creativity this year. I got: a new watch, a dinner bell (or rather dinner triangle), a fruit picker, a pitcher with some cool glasses, a book, rubber scrapers, doughnut cookie cutters.

Thursday we had enrichment meeting that I was in charge of and I was trying to get ready for house guests so I woke up thinking that it was not a great day. But Mom called me first thing and the day just got better from there. My good friend took me out to lunch and surprised me with some great new lamps for my bedroom. I got a birthday phone call from the high school choir singing Happy Birthday. Then I got a "spiffy" CD from another friend. Then at Enrichment someone brought me a cake! Then that night we had a great electrical storm. I tried to take pictures. The storm was just like this for hours and hours. It felt very surreal. It dumped almost another inch of rain on us.

No comments: