January 9, 2010

Good Looking, Looking Good

Abby has been telling me since the end of October that she needs glasses. She said she can't see to board in class and she really needs glasses. I told her that I would get her an appointment in January because we would have vision insurance. Rebekah mentioned in passing that her teacher told her to get her eyes checked because "I can't read the yellow dry erase marker". So Thursday, I took Abby and Rebekah to the eye doctor. Abby was in having her eye exam and Rebekah and I were reading things in the waiting area. I picked up a pamphlet called, what to know about kids and glasses. One of the points was "frequent headaches", Bekah says "Oh, I have headaches everyday." "Why didn't you say something?" "Ummm, I didn't think about it." I am starting to see the light and ask "Is it really just the yellow marker you can't see?" "Actually, I am on the front row and I can't really see any of the colors." It is these moments when I think I really dropped the ball. So the outcome of the appointment was that Abby has 20/20 vision and yesterday, we picked up Rebekah's new glasses. All the way home she was saying things like "I have memorized that the red fuzzy sign is the Old Chicago Restraunt, but with my glasses I can read the words!"


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kami said...

She looks great in those glasses too! Sometimes kids end up looking a little weird but not Rebecca. I'm so glad the world has become infinitely more clear to her. Poor thing!

Claire said...

Ultra Cute!