March 21, 2010

Spring Break

I sat down to make a post about our really fun spring break and got the photos off the camera.  These are all the pictures we took...

Pirate day. Pirate hats and a treasure hunt.







Sleeping out in the back yard....

Yep that's all the pictures we took.  We also had Pirate dinner on PIrate Day.  No manners allowed, the only silverware you get is a knife.  IBC rootbeer in a bottle. Food grabbing, bread ripping, greasy finger licking, loud belching good time!

We also went to see Alice in Wonderland 3D (except Rebekah, Nate and Hazel, they had a babysitter!) I really like Johnny Depp, and I mostly like Tim Burton, so I was happy with the movie.  I think the kids and Kenneth enjoyed it as well.

I spent most of my free time replacing the doors to the kids bedroom and bathroom.  Painting and sanding and chiseling...  The new doors do look nice.

We rode our bikes to the library and played on the playground.

We also watched Pirates of the Caribbean 3, which I have seen a couple times but the big kids had never seen. So 2 Johnny Depp viewings this week...

The men of our house went on a scout backpacking trip and the rest of us women and children stayed home. We ordered pizza from Pizza Hut (which we haven't done in years) I did the mending and Nate and Hazel went to bed early. The 3 other girls stayed up half the night playing rampage.

We had a little birthday party for Nate at the Swimming pool. Only 2 friends came but it was really fun.

Today (Sunday) our friends the Leahys came for dinner and a quick visit before they return to Colorado. We were flattered that we made it on the list of people to see!

Now I am ready for bed and it is just past 9pm.  Vacations make me tired!

1 comment:

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

I want to come to pirate day! You are so creative. Maybe we will have a pirate day here too. My kids would love that!