October 23, 2011

Magical Mystery Tour

Abby has become very interested in The Beatles.  I have loved them since 9th grade (when I first learned that Julian Lennon's dad was in a band.  Sad huh?)

I have been emptying the entertainment center so that repairs can be made.  The back has come off because we moved it fully loaded a couple of times.  I found all my Beatles albums that I bought on vinyl.  My children were fascinated by the plastic disks that go around and play music.  Truman informed me that vinyl is more accurate than a CD, because is is not digital.  This led to a conversation about pitch correction.  He was really bothered, we agree that it is cheating.

 I was teased when I originally bought the albums.  It was all worth it to stand around with my kids and watch them enjoy it so thoroughly.  (I did also show them how fun it is to play records back at the wrong speed. Like we did as kids.  If only I had captain and Tennille so that we could play Muskrat love really fast.  Those were good times)




1 comment:

Ian said...

I think I might have it in the record cabinet. I have most if not all of Dad's records