September 24, 2008

Closing the Books

On Monday after school I had a meeting with the other 2 remaining members of the Alma Elementary PTO. It was our closing meeting, we were going over the information we had from the last 4 years to be sure that if someone wanted to know or why it ended they could. One of the decisions we were making was what to do with the money in the PTO account. We decided to purchase some new Art for Art Masterpiece, cookies and juice for the Reading Under The Stars Event and then donate the rest to the student funds account. I have to admit that I was a little sad to be giving up but 3 people just can't run the whole show and we really did do everything we could. I will continue to run the Art Masterpiece program because I love it, and I also volunteered to help the band teacher as much as I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's kinda what happened with our fish club. 2 of us were putting everything together and then people would show up to the meetings and not want to really contribute anything. Frustrating.