September 18, 2008

Meltdown Over

So I have been in meltdown mode lately and so has the computer. I think the worst of it is over. All I have to say for the computer is: MICROSOFT, Blechhh. As for myself, I think I will use the 7 kids destroyed my braincells excuse.

So catching up on the last 2 weeks, all the recent photos are gone to that great digital paradise in the sky. The news still exists though so here it is in Reader's Digest form.
*Nate has been throwing up every night for the last 2 weeks. (more about that later)
* Weber is going to be staying with us until he returns to Guide Dog HQ to continue his training (about a year from now)
*Last Friday I flew out in the morning to go to Seattle to my Aunt's wedding. We went to the state fair and the scones are not nearly as good as I remember from when I was a kid. In fact the scones I make at home (trying to duplicate the memory of them) is better than the real thing. Stuart, my 1st grade nephew, went on the "Ghost Pirate" ride with me, and we grown-ups rode the old wooden roller coaster. The wedding was beautiful the Bride was gorgeous and the groom was delightful! All my brothers were there too except Jake and he was sorely missed. I took a stained glass project that I was trying to finish as a wedding gift and my Dad worked with me on it. It turned out good I think, but it was more fun to work with my Dad. I went out to dinner with my brothers and their families. My Mom and I had Sunday afternoon together alone and that was really nice.
* I came home Sunday night late to a clean house, sleeping children,a welcome home sign on the door, and love notes on the bed. It sure is nice to be appreciated. Kenneth's comment was "Now I know why you are so tired at night!"
*Kenneth left Tuesday for a business trip to California. Luckily, he came home again.
*My beautiful garden was atacked by little black bugs and I finally had to give in and spray poison on it, it was challenging to find something effective and that wouldn't kill my kids or the puppy. I hope it works. Luckily the dog is really smart and the first day we talked about the fact that he wasn't to go near my garden. He is more obedient than the kids sometimes.
*Yesterday, my Visiting Teacher and I were talking about Nate's midnight trips to "Barf". She said maybe he just needs more attention. I thought about that and realized that he has been really tired and so kind of whiney so we tend to tell him to go lay down for a few minutes. But he is used to being home all day and having my (kind of) undivided attention... So we talked and he admited that he is worried about how he doesn't have anyone to play with at recess and that He wonders about what fun things Hazel and I are doing without him all day. So we made a plan and last night... No throwing up! I hope this works. I am so sad I didn't figure it out sooner. Poor little Thesbian.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you were able to come up for the wedding. I had such a fun time with everyone. Even the D&D hilarity was good.