September 27, 2008

Don't try this at Home

Today I pressure washed my van seats!
Why? you ask... 3 reasons really 1. I didn't have time to build a trebuchet 2. Hazel likes to chew gum and 3. I never lived in Wymount

1. My brothers beat me to the trebuchet (see Ian's Blog)

2. Hazel likes to chew gum is an easy reason to explain. She dropped a piece of ABC (already been chewed) gum out the side of her car seat one day, then she couldn't reach it. She forgot about it and it melted into the upholstery. The only time I remember it's there is when we are all getting into the van and the fight breaks out about who has to sit where because of the gum on the seat.

3. I never lived in Wymount. The stereotypical resident has multiple kids and has been in school much longer than usual. At my graduation from BYU there was a husband and wife who walked together and put caps and gowns on all 5 kids and marched them across the stage too. When Kenneth finally graduated after like 10 years in school we had 4 kids. So here is the problem... I may fit the stereotype but I don't have to be stereotypical. So I think the stereotypical family with a lot of kids drives grungy vehicles. No one plans to drive a grubby van it just sneaks up on you I think. I refuse to let the stereotype sneak up on me!

So I have used my carpet cleaner to try to clean the seats before. They don't get very clean. Kenneth and the boys had to take all the seats out of the van to help a family move. So back to the gum. I decided to clean the gum off the seat and with no one responsible here to tell me I was crazy, I sprayed the gum with goo-be-gone and waited for it to dissolve. What to do while waiting... I rubbed laundry detergent into all the sticky spots and hauled out the pressure washer. It took me a few minutes to get it to start but in the end it worked great. Thank heavens I live in Arizona or they might not be dry by church tomorrow!

No comments: