September 30, 2008

Dobson Ranch Home Tour

October 24th our HOA is having a home renovation tour and we are going to be showing off out house. Kenneth has been working really hard on the pantry doors, he has 4 (out of 18) left to sand. Then I can spray them and we can install them. I made a list of all the things that I need to do before we can have strangers wandering through our house admiring our hard work. There are many things that don't look fresh anymore. Yesterday I washed the outsides of the windows. The upstairs windows need more work. The job that really needs doing that I really don't want to do is repainting the baseboards. The caulk I used on the baseboards is a little bit tacky (as in sticky not unfashionable) and so all the dust that lands on them just sticks and has to be scrubbed off with a brush and soapy water. I do like the deadline the tour is providing to do those little things that need to be done!

No comments: