July 1, 2009

Wednesday

MONSTER OF A DAY!!!
Kenneth, Paul (his brother), Christian, and Truman went really early to wait outside the Washington Monument to get us 15 tickets to go up to the top. The ticket window opened at 8:30AM and they were in line before 7AM. They did get us tickets, Hooray! Then Julie (Paul's wife) and I brought up the rest of the kids and we were in the Natural History Museum at 10AM when it opened. We saw a lot of cool stuff until the time for our tickets at the Washington Monument, we went up and saw its cool tallness from inside. I would have liked to walk down the stairs and see all the engravings on the insides of the walls, but it is not allowed, bummer. We had a picnic lunch and went in for round 2 in the Natural History Museum. We divided up into groups, it was a fun change and I think I saw more exhibits. Nate Hazel and I really enjoyed the insect zoo, and the mammal exhibit. I thought the exhibit about forensic anthropology was fascinating and Nate and Hazel were really good while we looked at it. Then we had a picnic dinner and ran over to the Air and Space Museum by way of a sculpture garden. Kenneth took our pictures with our favorite piece, I chose a Rodin. Then we watched Night at the Museum 2 in the Air and Space Museum IMAX. It was great!!!











No comments: