December 25, 2009

Antarctic Auditions

I found a cute decorating idea in Family Fun Magazine, called Antarctic Auditions. We put out a sign in our front yard.

After a couple days we slowly started setting out penguins...




Then one morning Kenneth opened the front door to go running and found a stuffed penguin on the front porch with a note that he was applying for a position...

Then I came home one afternoon and found a dozen penguin cupcakes ...

A couple days later another penguin on our door step...

And this morning there was a small line...


I thought that our penguin decorations were funny, but our anonymous neighbors have really added to the spirit of fun in our house this season.

One of my neighbors called me one day to ask me what a group of penguins is called. The answer is: a waddle, unless they are nesting with eggs then it is a rookery.

We are thinking about having a rookery next year!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Too, too fun! I love your neighbors!