September 7, 2012

Dia da Independencia

Today was Brazillian Independence Day, to celebrate we cooked
Coxinha it translates to "little drumstick".  It was really interesting to cook something without any idea what it was supposed to turn out like.  Ladson ate several and told me they were good.  He is very kind and tells me all my food is good, so I am not sure still if the coxinha were actually good.  We did talk about it later and he gave me som ideas about how to make them better.  I think I might stick to perfecting brigadeiro.

I am good at sugar cookies.  So we made sugar cookies and decorated them like Brazilian flags.  I had some good helpers.
After eating the treats (and dinner).  We went to the Tempe Historic Museum.  There was a Brazilian concert.  It was fun, many of the Win the World Exchange students came.  I think everyone enjoyed it.  I  wished for some marimba music too, I am biased. 

The lead guy of the group played the berimbau.  It was very cool to watch.
Nate, true to form, accepted the invitation to dance in front of everyone.  I love that boy.  He is so full of joy and lacking inhibitions!
Hazel was restless and so she went to find Ladson and take his picture.  She did a good job centering the picture.
The last 2 songs they played, almost all the exchange students joined in the dancing.

It was fun to celebrate with Ladson!

No comments: