September 27, 2012

Nate learns Plumbing

Nate was looking for something to do this week.  His first choice would be to play Lego Star Wars, but in the event that his mom says no, his second choice is manual labor.  Christian and Truman removed the eucalyptus tree stump and that left the sprinkler just sticking out of the ground with nowhere to go.   Nate and I talked about where we wanted the sprinkler to be moved to and I left him out there.  I figured he could do very little harm in the yard with a shovel.  I was not ready for what I saw when I went out to look an hour later.  He had dug a perfect trench for the pipe.  The walls were straight and the botom was level and the whole thing was the right depth!  So Kenneth helped him glue the pipe together.  This morning we flushed the line and he put on the sprinkler head himself.  After school he came home and filled in the trench and we tested it out.  He did a better job than I could have!


Here is the picture of this slice of lawn without the sandbox or the Eucalyptus tree, and with the sprinkler in place!  I am so happy with all the work the boys have done for me lately.


No comments: