January 26, 2009

Good Report Cards (mostly)

Last week was the start of the 3rd quarter of this school year. That means that the kids brought home report cards. Not to be bragging, but I am pleased to say that the only negative comments that any of my kids have had are: Sydney needs to sit in her chair - 1st grade, and last year in the first quarter Abby and Rebekah each had about 10 tardies. (This was a surprise because we live 2 blocks from the school and they leave the house 25 minutes before school starts. Turns out that they were just really enjoying the scenery)

I will admit that I was concerned about Sydney's non-sitting chair issue, some how I felt that this reflected on my parenting skills. I am now older and wiser now and when I received the following note from Nate's teacher on his report card, I didn't feel the need to panic.

Nate writes uppercase and lowercase letters correctly, but he often writes quickly and carelessly. He has very nice handwriting when he takes his time - but he doesn't often do this. Nate also tends to work slowly - he sometimes distracts himself by fiddling with pencils and gluesticks. In spite of the above mentioned tendencies, Nate is very bright, very quick to leard and shows a very responsible attitude in most situations. He is a very good student for the most part.

1 comment:

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

Micah has writing issues too. I think it is a boy thing. We are trying to work on it...but he lacks patience. And really, so do I.