January 4, 2009

Let's go ride a bike

I never imagined how much bike repair I would have to do as a mom. On Friday we went bike riding. We were getting ready to go and Sydney pointed out that he bike had 2 flat tires. So I while I was repairing them, Nate brought his bike to me. 2 flats. I hate fixing the little 12inch tires. We have 7 kids but we own 10 kid bikes. So I told Nate, uhh you look big enough to ride the "Mud Shark" bike. Have Truman take it out front and see if you can ride it. They said it would work. I underestimated the size of Mud Shark( 20 inch wheels). Nate could straddle the bar only on his tiptoes, but by golly he was determined to ride it. He needed someone to stabilize the bike while he got on and then he was off. He rides much faster now and only crashed 3 times in the mile and a half to the library. He is a great sport, he jumps up and says "don't worry, I'm OK". The girls started complaining "Nate has a bigger bike than me".

My Sister in Law Kami posted this for me. I had to laugh, I wonder how much fighting it would cause.

No comments: