January 11, 2009

My little "Hottie"

Nate came to me yesterday and announced "Mom, I am a hottie!"
"What does that mean to be a Hottie"
"Girls really like me"
"What do you do that makes girls like you"
"I'm handsome, and I play with them at school, and I don't be rude or mean to them. So I am a hottie."

Nate is different about clothes than Christian and Truman ever were. He prefers shirts with a collar and likes to accessorize, "which shoes look good with this" "Brown belt or Black today." He has a little Tuxedo jacket that a friend gave him that he wears to church (with a red cummerbund).

He dresses like this a lot, and I am glad that he likes an obscene amount of mustard on his sandwiches because then he has to wait for me to wash the pink shirt before he can wear it again. I guess that maintaining that reputation as a Hottie is a lot of work.