June 21, 2009

Dance Recital

Last night we attended the kids dance recital. Our kids did pretty good. They did spend a lot of the dance looking off stage at the teacher for help. I was surprised at the number of groups that had the same problem. Rebekah and Nate had a tap number and a ballet number. Sydney and Abby were in one ballet dance.

Ok backing up… I had a goal to have the van loaded and the house clean before the recital. (We had the house clean, but not the van packed.) The kitchen was beautiful so we went out to dinner. We got to the auditorium in good time and then realized that we forgot the tickets. I stayed to put makeup on the girls, while Kenneth went home to get the tickets. After he had gone I discovered that Nate only had one ballet shoe and had forgotten his bow tie. So I got the girls ready and called home again and again, because I knew Kenneth wouldn’t check the answering machine. I finally got him and he found the tie but not the other shoe. (Nate danced ballet in his socks.) He made it back just in time! Neither of are big fans of modern dance and so when our kids were done we snuck out. I felt a bit guilty.for not staying, but I still had a lot of packing to do.

No comments: