June 30, 2009

Battle of Bull Run






Today we went to Manassas Virginia to the site of the Battle of Bull Run. The visitor center had one of those relief maps that has lights embedded to show the locations on the map. There was a narration that went with it and it did a great job of explaining the battle and how it changed the civil war. They also had some neat cannons. I went into the gift shop, one of the things that they were selling was a certificate and all the military records on your ancestor who fought in the civil war, so I had them look up my one ancestor that I knew of and all the info will be mailed to me. I am excited to know more about him. There were also a couple of buildings from that time period. The stone house has cannon balls embeded in it. It was a fun place to visit.

1 comment:

Greg and Nicole Jensen said...

Looks like you guys are learning a lot of history. You are in our old stomping grounds! So sad we can't see you.