June 22, 2009

Day One

4:30 AM we were on the road. Hazel was so relieved to be dragged from her bed at last. She has been so excited to go on a trip that every time last week that we would get in the car she would ask if this is our trip.
Seeing that it is Sunday, we tried to keep the spirit of the Sabbath as much as possible. Kenneth taught us a Sunday school lesson. Nate read a scripture. Hazel memorized and recited the first Article of Faith. I was in charge of singing time.
Our Destination tonight is The Leahy Family Residence. We are really excited to see old friends in a gentler climate.
The main incidents of mention: 1. I almost ran over a squirrel. 2. I hit a bird and plan to ceck my grill at the next gas station. 3. Thirty minutes from the Leahy’s I realized that the time on the GPS and the time on the clock were an hour different and we still had 1 ½ hours left. While driving in the bottom of a canyon we saw a herd of big horn sheep.

Here are some photos from our 14 hours of driving:







2 comments:

Pam said...

The kids all look so fresh and happy, I can't wait to see them on day 15!!!!

Pam said...

The kids all look so fresh... I can't wait to see them on day 15!!!!